After the pause of the ticketing of the French concerts of Taylor Swift, Ticketmaster puts the places on sale from this Monday.
[Mis à jour le 17 juillet 2023 à 15h57] We take the same (codes) and start again. After the fiasco, last week, of the sale of tickets for the French concerts of Taylor Swift, Ticketmaster relaunched the ticket office from this Monday, July 17. As for the previous time, each concert has its ticket sales window, spread over the whole week.
A new device that seems more effective this time, the platform has obviously held up to this (almost) first round of ticket sales. For fans, the opening of the box office on July 11 had turned into a nightmare, it having been put on hold by Ticketmaster after only two hours of online publication, due to excessive demand.
Here are the opening hours of the ticket offices for the French concerts of Taylor Swift’s The Eras Tour:
- Monday July 17 – 9:00: Paris La Defense Arena | Thursday May 9, 2024
- Monday, July 17 – 2:00 p.m.: Groupama Stadium, Lyon | Sunday, June 2, 2024
- Wednesday July 19 – 9:00: Paris La Defense Arena | Friday May 10, 2024
- Wednesday July 19 – 2:00 p.m.: Groupama Stadium, Lyon | Monday, June 3, 2024
- Thursday July 20 – 9:00: Paris La Defense Arena | Saturday May 11, 2024
- Friday, July 21 – 9:00: Paris La Defense Arena | Sunday May 12, 2024
Faced with the enthusiasm caused by the announcement of Taylor Swift’s first concert dates in France, new shows were added to the American singer’s French tour, one in Paris on May 12, the other in Lyon on June 3, 2024. To sum up, Taylor Swift will therefore perform on May 09, 10, 11 and 12, 2024 at Paris La Défense Arena, then on June 02 and 03, 2024 at Groupama Stadium in Lyon. Note that for these dates, the American rock group Paramore is announced as a special guest.
The Eras Tour, which will begin at the end of August in Mexico, will end a year later, on August 17, 2024, at Wembley Stadium in London. This new burst of international concerts, which is added to the dates previously announced in the United States, will pass through some twenty countries around the world, such as Argentina, Brazil, Japan, Australia, the United Kingdom, Portugal, Germany or Austria… And, of course, France.
It was possible to register on the Ticketmaster website (this way) until Friday, June 23, 11:59 p.m., to hope to receive a code allowing priority access to ticket sales, without this being guaranteed. For these lucky ones, the ticket office opened (before being put on hiatus) this Tuesday, July 11, at 9 a.m. for May 9 and 10 in Paris; 11 a.m. for May 11 and 12 in Paris, then 1 p.m. for the Lyon dates. The others have been put on a waiting list. The number of tickets per buyer is limited to 4.
What if you received a code to buy a Taylor Swift ticket?
Before this famous ticketing opening day, the lucky winners received an email informing them that they had been selected to participate in the sale of tickets for Taylor Swift. Depending on the opening time of the ticket office (corresponding to a specific day and city), a unique and non-transferable access code was sent for access. No guarantee of obtaining a seat afterwards: tickets are sold on a first-come, first-served basis, while stocks of available seats are exhausted.
Note that a code corresponds to a concert: you will not be able to use your code to buy tickets for concerts in the city other than the one for which you registered. It is possible to buy only four tickets per person. Here is the procedure to follow when you have been drawn:
- Log in to the customer account associated with your email and ensure that the information therein is up to date. Only customer accounts associated with emails that have codes assigned will be allowed to access queue b;
- Click on the link sent to you;
- Log in to your account using the account credentials associated with this email address;
- Select the session you wish to book for from the drop-down list of sessions;
- Enter your unique access code. If you receive an error, check that you typed the access code exactly as it appears in the email and text messages you received;
- Select the type of tickets and the quantity that suits you before launching a search;
- When purchasing your ticket, stay in a browser window. You arrive in the queue and a new email is sent to you with a “queue identifier”, supposed to allow you to return to the queue from any computer. Opening multiple windows or tabs to purchase tickets may generate errors;
- For faster checkout, make sure all of your customer account information is up to date before listing.
A few minutes after the opening of the first slot for the sale of tickets for Taylor Swift’s concerts, on social networks, it’s the crush: many Internet users complain about the slowness of the Ticketmaster site, or not successful access to ticket sales. Patience (and luck) is key!
► Please note that if you have reached the end of the queue, without being able to finalize your purchase of ticket(s), your code remains valid (when the ticket office is back in service).
Ticketmaster and ticket sales, serial hiccups
The craze around the ticketing of concerts in France by Taylor Swift was to be expected. Only eight months ago, the Ticketmaster platform, which has the exclusive rights to sell tickets for the tour The Eras Tour, had already fallen victim to its own success and had been overwhelmed with demand, causing the site to explode. Despite the establishment of a single device for the French dates of the American, Ticketmaster seems unable, once again, to resist the thousands of connections. Only two hours after the sale of tickets for the first two Parisian concerts of the star, the ticket office was put on hiatus for an undisclosed period at the time of writing these lines.
On social networks, the discontent rises and thousands of disappointed fans express their anger about the management of the ticketing of such an event.
Our tips for successfully landing a ticket to Taylor Swift
As with many events of this magnitude, winning a precious sesame for Taylor Swift’s French concerts can be a miracle. Also, here are some tips to help you access the ticket office a little more serenely:
- Of good information on Ticketmaster: when registering, check your identifiers and information so as not to waste time when the ticket office opens;
- A valid bank card and at your fingertips: when tickets go on sale, you have to act fast. Having your bank card valid and available, with a sufficient balance, saves time. Also keep your phone in case confirmation from your bank is needed with a validation code sent by SMS.
- To arrive early on the Ticketmaster website. After the hour, the queue is guaranteed. Concerts in France being particularly popular, there will be thousands of them in front of you in the virtual queue.
- Don’t refresh your page : with the large number of connections, online sales sites can be saturated. Patience is key.
- Do not open multiple browser windows : it is unnecessary and could prevent the validation of your ticket order.
- To be patient Breaking your computer or throwing your phone out the window won’t help. And above all, breathe.
Taylor Swift ticket prices
Paris La Defense Arena
- Prestige: 245.50 euros
- Gold category: 190.50 euros
- Category 1: €168.50
- Gold pit: 157.50 euros
- Category 2: €113.50
- Pit: 97 euros
- Category 3: 86 euros
Groupama Stadium in Lyon
- Prestige: 247.50 euros
- Golden square: 192.50 euros
- Category 1: €170.50
- Category 2: €115.50
- Category 3: 86 euros
- Gold lawn: 159.50 euros
- Lawn: 99 euros
The American singer, who was initially scheduled to perform only three times in France, is finally expected for four dates in the capital: Taylor Swift will perform in the huge hall of Paris La Défense Arena on May 9, 10, 11 and 12, 2024.
The last dates of Taylor Swift’s visit to France will take place in Lyon, where new dates have also been announced given the enthusiasm around the event: she will perform on June 2 and 3, 2024 at Groupama Stadium, in front of 60 000 spectators.